Support the Whitehall Township Public Library
The library accepts tax-deductible donations through PayPal. Simply click the PayPal icon, and complete required information. The library is tax-exempt under section 501-c-3 of the IRS tax code, and contributions are tax-deductible.
Books and Media: The library will take up to three bags or boxes of books or other media. (We need them to be in bags or boxes so we can easily stack and store them.) We can take most new or gently-used media except magazines, encyclopedias, VHS tapes, or cassettes.
Other: We can always use large cans of disinfectant wipes, liquid hand sanitizer that can be used in spray bottles (70% alcohol or higher), and large bottles of gel-type hand sanitizer.
We conduct a year-round book sale. Stop in the library and see our selection of used books.
Hardcover Books: $1.00
Adult Paperback Books: $.50
Kids' Paperback & Board Books: $.25 each or 5 for $1.00
Magazines: $.25 each or 5 for $1.00
Puzzles & Games: $1.00
Music CDs & CD-ROMs: $.25
Everything Else: $.50
The library sends a direct mail piece to registered patrons requesting a donation. These funds are used to provide programs, purchase books & databases, an provide many services to the community. It is currently the largest fundraiser each year.
Redner's Save-a-Tape Program
As part of Redner's Save-a-Tape program, you can bring your Redner's receipts to the library, then we can bring them in to Redner's and get 1% of the purchase!
The library has digitized the High School Yearbook. Copies are available for a small price on Data DVDs (computer readable). Click here for the order form.
- Disposable masks
- Copier paper (white or colored 8.5"x11")
- Resealable plastic bags (any size, especially qt., 1 gal., 2 gal., & snack-sized)
- Large cans of disinfectant wipes
- Liquid hand sanitizer that can be used in spray bottles (70% alcohol or higher)
- Large bottles of gel-type hand sanitizer
- Gift Cards (any store, especially Walmart, Giant, & Redner's)
Friends of the Whitehall Township Public Library Scholarship
The Friends of the Whitehall Township Public Library would like to congratulate our $500 scholarship winners:
- 2022 recipients: Michael Gallo & Vanamarie Huynh
- 2021 recipients: Peggy Lin & Brianna Minnich
- 2020: No award presented due to COVID-19 pandemic
- 2019 recipient: Nashelit Ochoa - Whitehall, PA (Pre-Med - Cedar Crest College)
- 2018 recipient: Britney Bankos - Whitehall, PA (Nursing - DeSales University)
- 2017 recipient: Samantha Nino - Whitehall, PA (Biology - Colgate University)
- 2016 recipient: Lana Marie Huynh - Whitehall, PA (Biology Pre-Med - Temple University)
- 2015 recipient: Sharon Chen - Whitehall, PA (Business Administration - Lehigh University)
- 2014 recipient: Milena Nino - Whitehall, PA (Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering - Johns Hopkins)
- 2013 recipient: Victoria Caesar - Coplay, PA (elementary education - Kutztown University)
While the Friends no longer exist as an organization, they left the rest of their money in a trust to continue the scholarship fund for as long as possible.
Donations honor individuals by providing books or other library materials for the use of the Whitehall community. You may honor both living and deceased individuals. Celebrate a significant anniversary or birthday, or just honor someone who is special to you.
We will put a bookplate inside any materials that you purchase through the library. This bookplate tells everyone that uses the material you donated it to honor your special person. In addition, we list the materials donated in our library catalog under the person's name. You can search our catalog by the person's name to see the donated material.
To make a donation complete this form and return with your check to make a donation.