Support the Whitehall Township Public Library
The library accepts tax-deductible donations through PayPal. Simply click the PayPal icon, and complete required information. The library is tax-exempt under section 501-c-3 of the IRS tax code, and contributions are tax-deductible.
Friends Book Sale
The Friends of the Library conduct the year-round book sale. Stop in the library and see our selection of used books.
Adult Hardcover: $1.00
Adult Paperback: $.50
Juvenile: $.25 each or 5 for $1.00
Magazines: $.25 each or 5 for $1.00
VHS Tapes: $.25
CDs & CD-ROMs: $.25
Everything Else: $.50
In order to ensure limited contact, we're only taking exact amounts of money.
The library sends a direct mail piece to registered patrons requesting a donation. These funds are used to provide programs, purchase books & databases, an provide many services to the community. It is currently the largest fundraiser each year.
Make a difference this holiday! Shop for gifts at smile.amazon.com/ch/23-1652607 to generate donations for Whitehall Township Public Library. Any time you shop through Amazon Smile and choose us as your charity so that we receive a percentage of your total purchase. In addition to shopping through this link on your desktop or mobile web browser, you can also go through the AmazonSmile Charity Lists in the Amazon Shopping app.
Note: Some of these are temporarily suspended due to state-mandated guidelines. During 2020, we'll only have a limited basket raffle.
- Spring Yard Sale: Stop in the library to see what we have to offer at the annual yard sale.
- Fall Book Sale: Drop in the library and look through the annual Fall Book Sale.
- Fall Basket Raffle: We accept all NEW items for the raffle.
- Pictures with Santa: Come to the library on the 1st Saturday in December for pictures with Santa.
Wish List (Fall 2020)
- Disinfecting wipes
- Disposable masks
- Hand sanitizer
- Copier paper (white or colored)
- Bird seed
- Resealable plastic bags (any size, especially qt., 1 gal., & 2 gal.)
- Gift Cards (any store, especially Walmart, Giant, & Redner's)
Friends of the Whitehall Township Public Library Scholarship
The Friends of the Whitehall Township Public Library would like to congratulate our $500 scholarship winners:
- 2020: No award presented due to COVID-19 pandemic
- 2019 recipient: Nashelit Ochoa - Whitehall, PA (Pre-Med - Cedar Crest College)
- 2018 recipient: Britney Bankos - Whitehall, PA (Nursing - DeSales University)
- 2017 recipient: Samantha Nino - Whitehall, PA (Biology - Colgate University)
- 2016 recipient: Lana Marie Huynh - Whitehall, PA (Biology Pre-Med - Temple University)
- 2015 recipient: Sharon Chen - Whitehall, PA (Business Administration - Lehigh University)
- 2014 recipient: Milena Nino - Whitehall, PA (Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering - Johns Hopkins)
- 2013 recipient: Victoria Caesar - Coplay, PA (elementary education - Kutztown University)
Donations honor individuals by providing books or other library materials for the use of the Whitehall community. You may honor both living and deceased individuals. Celebrate a significant anniversary or birthday, or just honor someone who is special to you.
We will put a bookplate inside any materials that you purchase through the library. This bookplate tells everyone that uses the material you donated it to honor your special person. In addition, we list the materials donated in our library catalog under the person's name. You can search our catalog by the person's name to see the donated material.
To make a donation complete this form and return with your check to make a donation.
Friends of the Library
Our group is in need of interested people to be active in our organization. People needed as officers and volunteers to share ideas and time on projects. Please consider helping a worthy cause. You are needed and will be eagerly welcomed. For an application, please click here.
|Donations and proceeds from all Friends projects are used to fund library services. All contributions are fully tax deductible.
If you have any questions, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org