Support the Whitehall Township Public Library
The library accepts tax-deductible donations through PayPal. Simply click the PayPal icon, and complete required information. The library is tax-exempt under section 501-c-3 of the IRS tax code, and contributions are tax-deductible.
We conduct a year-round book sale. Stop in the library and see our selection of used books.
Adult Hardcover: $1.00
Adult Paperback: $.50
Juvenile: $.25 each or 5 for $1.00
Magazines: $.25 each or 5 for $1.00
VHS Tapes: $.25
CDs & CD-ROMs: $.25
Everything Else: $.50
The library sends a direct mail piece to registered patrons requesting a donation. These funds are used to provide programs, purchase books & databases, an provide many services to the community. It is currently the largest fundraiser each year.
Want to make a difference while you stop, at no extra cost to you? Shop for gifts at smile.amazon.com/ch/23-1652607 to generate donations for Whitehall Township Public Library. Any time you shop through Amazon Smile and choose us as your charity so that we receive a percentage of your total purchase. In addition to shopping through this link on your desktop or mobile web browser, you can also go through the AmazonSmile Charity Lists in the Amazon Shopping app.
To use the app:
1. Open the Amazon app on your phone.
2. Select the main menu (=) & tap on "AmazonSmile" within Programs & Features.
3. Select "Whitehall Township Public Library" as your charity.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate AmazonSmile in the mobile app.
Wish List (Winter 2021 - 2022)
- Disposable masks
- Copier paper (white or colored 8.5"x11")
- Resealable plastic bags (any size, especially qt., 1 gal., 2 gal., & snack-sized)
- Large cans of disinfectant wipes
- Liquid hand sanitizer that can be used in spray bottles (70% alcohol or higher)
- Large bottles of gel-type hand sanitizer
- Gift Cards (any store, especially Walmart, Giant, & Redner's)
Friends of the Whitehall Township Public Library Scholarship
The Friends of the Whitehall Township Public Library would like to congratulate our $500 scholarship winners:
- 2021 recipients: Peggy Lin & Brianna Minnich (2 awards this year to make up for last year)
- 2020: No award presented due to COVID-19 pandemic
- 2019 recipient: Nashelit Ochoa - Whitehall, PA (Pre-Med - Cedar Crest College)
- 2018 recipient: Britney Bankos - Whitehall, PA (Nursing - DeSales University)
- 2017 recipient: Samantha Nino - Whitehall, PA (Biology - Colgate University)
- 2016 recipient: Lana Marie Huynh - Whitehall, PA (Biology Pre-Med - Temple University)
- 2015 recipient: Sharon Chen - Whitehall, PA (Business Administration - Lehigh University)
- 2014 recipient: Milena Nino - Whitehall, PA (Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering - Johns Hopkins)
- 2013 recipient: Victoria Caesar - Coplay, PA (elementary education - Kutztown University)
Donations honor individuals by providing books or other library materials for the use of the Whitehall community. You may honor both living and deceased individuals. Celebrate a significant anniversary or birthday, or just honor someone who is special to you.
We will put a bookplate inside any materials that you purchase through the library. This bookplate tells everyone that uses the material you donated it to honor your special person. In addition, we list the materials donated in our library catalog under the person's name. You can search our catalog by the person's name to see the donated material.
To make a donation complete this form and return with your check to make a donation.