Welcome to the Whitehall Township Public Library!
The library's mission is to provide lifelong learning with education, enrichment and entertainment through a full range of library services.
July 18 - 23 will be Shark Week at the library!
Watch our schedule for shark-themed events all week including a story time and craft for the kids, a take-home origami kit for adults, and a movie night where we watch The Meg. We’ll also have question challenges for kids on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday.
Updates & General Information
Digital Newsletter: Starting this month, the library is offering a digital version of our monthly newsletter! You can still pick up a copy in the building or read it on this website, but now you can get it e-mailed directly to you! We sent out our July edition (which you can see a copy of here). If you'd like to get our digital newsletter starting when we send out our August edition, you can let us know in the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Summer Reading Program 2022: This year's "Oceans of Possibilities" Summer Reading Program will run from June 13 - August 6, and patrons of all ages can register and log books online. Click here for more information on the program. We'll have lots of ocean-themed events for patrons of all ages, so watch our newsletter and calendar for details. You can also click here to see our featured adult programs.
Road Closures Near Library: Starting on July 11, some of the roads in the Whitehall school campus will be closed. This means that you won't be able to cut through campus from Schadt Avenue, but everyone can still go in and out from Mechanicsville Road. (See map.)
Inside the Library:
- See our About Us page for current hours.
- You can return items to the drop box at our front desk during our open hours or to the yellow parking lot drop boxes at any time.
- You can come into the library to check out items, but we also offer a curbside pickup option.
Curbside Pickup: You can place holds on items by calling our front desk or using this website. To request items online, you can log into your account, search our catalog, click on the words "Place Hold" on the right side of the record, and submit your contact information. When anything arrives for you, we call you to schedule a pickup day. Then you can pick them up at our side door during business hours.
- Books and Media: The library will take up to three bags or boxes of books or other media. (We need them to be in bags or boxes so we can easily stack and store them.) We can take most new or gently-used media except magazines, encyclopedias, VHS tapes, or cassettes.
- Other: We’re currently accepting donations of large cans of disinfectant wipes, liquid hand sanitizer that can be used in spray bottles (70% alcohol or higher), and large bottles of gel-type hand sanitizer.
- We have a year-round Book Sale near our front desk, and you can find a price list at the bottom of our About Us page.
- When you shop on Amazon, go through Amazon Smile to generate donations for Whitehall Township Public Library. Any time you shop this way and choose us as your charity, we receive a percentage of your total purchase. In addition to shopping through this link on your desktop or mobile web browser, you can also go through the AmazonSmile Charity Lists in the Amazon Shopping app.
Board of Trustees: Members of the public are welcome to attend our Board of Trustees meetings. They meet at 6:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of every month. You can find the most recent agenda here and a collection of past meeting minutes on our Publications page.
Updated July 5, 2022.