Welcome to the Whitehall Township Public Library!
The library's mission is to provide lifelong learning with education, enrichment and entertainment through a full range of library services.
- Our library's growing collection features over 100,000 items. These include books, DVDs, CDs, recorded books, and more. We also have over 100 magazine and newspaper subscriptions - some in print and some digital. We get new materials every month!
- We can access more than 550,000 items at your request. The Whitehall Township Public Library has joined forces with ten other local libraries to form the Lehigh Carbon Library Cooperative (LCLC). We all share one library card and catalog combining us into one collection. That means that patrons can place holds on materials in any of our partner libraries and have them shipped here or to the LCLC library of their choice.
Updates & General Information
Inside the Library:
- See our About Us page for current hours.
- Per CDC and State Public Health guidelines, patrons who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear face masks and have them in place while on library grounds. All patrons must sanitize their hands when entering the library, maintain social distancing in the building, and only touch materials that they plan to check out. (We do not regularly sanitize toys, so kids play at their own risk.)
- You can return items to the drop box at our front desk during our open hours or to the yellow parking lot drop boxes at any time.
- You can come into the library to check out items, but we also offer a curbside pickup option.
Curbside Pickup: You can place holds on items by calling our front desk or using this website. To request items online, you can log into your account, search our catalog, click on the words "Place Hold" on the right side of the record, and submit your contact information. When anything arrives for you, we call you to schedule a pickup day. Then you can pick them up by coming to our side door during business hours and ringing the doorbell.
- Books and Media: Due to a large volume of donations, the library will not accept any new donations of books or other media until 2022.
- Other: We’re currently accepting donations of large cans of disinfectant wipes, liquid hand sanitizer that can be used in spray bottles (70% alcohol or higher), and large bottles of gel-type hand sanitizer. Thanks to everyone who contributes!
Story Time: This winter, we'll have a Holiday Story Time for all ages at 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, December 1, 8, & 15. No registration is required.
Toys for Tots: We're collecting for Toys for Tots to bring toys to children in the Lehigh Valley. You can drop off toys through December 10. They won't accept any realistic-looking weapons or food. They're collecting toys for kids of all ages. Usually, they get the least for boys and girls age 0-2 and girls age 9-12.
- We're raffling off a set of dolls from the Franklin Heirloom Dolls collection from 9 a.m. on November 22 to 4 p.m. on December 18, 2021.
- We'll have an Indoor Yard Sale on Friday, December 3 and Saturday, December 4 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Check out our holiday decor, household items, and more!
- We have a year-round Book Sale near our front desk.
- When you shop on Amazon, go through Amazon Smile to generate donations for Whitehall Township Public Library. Any time you shop this way and choose us as your charity, we receive a percentage of your total purchase. In addition to shopping through this link on your desktop or mobile web browser, you can also go through the AmazonSmile Charity Lists in the Amazon Shopping app.
- Check out our December Newsletter for more information.
- Visit our Research & Learn page for digital resources. You can access most of these from home with an Internet connection. As you get ready to go back to school, be sure to check out our Learning & Testing collection. There are resources for students of all ages, like Brainfuse HelpNow (free online tutoring), Brainfuse LearnNow (lessons and videos), and LearningExpress (prep for standardized tests and career certification).
Updated December 2, 2021.
Resources for You
Socialize With Us
There's always something special happening.
Stay tuned for our upcoming special programs.
For our next fundraiser, we’re raffling off a set of twelve dolls from the “Little Maids of the Thirteen Colonies” collection made by Franklin Heirloom Dolls. (See below for a list of dolls in this raffle set.) You can buy tickets from Monday, November 22 to Saturday, December 18 at our front desk during library…Read More