About the Whitehall Township Public Library
The library's mission is to provide lifelong learning with education, enrichment, and entertainment through a full range of library services.
Whitehall Township Public Library
3700 Mechanicsville Rd.
Whitehall, PA 18052
YouTube: Whitehall Township Public Library
Contact Form: This is at the bottom of our home page.
Using the Library
You can return items to the drop box at our front desk during our open hours or to the yellow parking lot drop boxes at any time.
You can come into the library to check out items, but we also offer a curbside pickup option.
You can place holds on items by calling our front desk or using our catalog. To request items online, you can log into your account, search our catalog, click on the words "Place Hold" on the right side of the record, and submit your contact information. When anything arrives for you, we call you. You can either let us know you're coming into the library or schedule a pickup day. Then you can pick up your items at our side door during regular hours.
- Our library's growing collection features over 100,000 items. These include books, DVDs, CDs, recorded books, and more. We also have over 100 magazine and newspaper subscriptions - some in print and some digital. We get new materials every month!
- We can access more than 550,000 items at your request. Thanks to the Lehigh Carbon Library Cooperative (LCLC), we and eleven other libraries share one giant collection. That means that patrons can place holds on materials in any of our partner libraries and have them shipped here or to the LCLC library of their choice.
Please see our Support Us page for information on donations and fundraisers.
You can come into the library or arrange a curbside pickup during the following hours:
- Monday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Holidays & Special Hours 2023
- New Year’s Eve/Day: Sat., December 31, 2022 - Mon., January 2, 2023: Closed
- President's Day: Mon., February 20: Closed
- Memorial Day: Sat., May 27 - Mon., May 29: Closed
- Independence Day: Tues., July 4: Closed
- Labor Day: Sat., September 2 - Mon., September 4: Closed
- Thanksgiving Eve: Wed., November 22: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Thanksgiving: Thurs., November 23 - Fri., November 24: Closed
- Christmas: Sat., December 23 - Mon., December 25: Closed
- New Year’s Eve/Day: Sat., December 30, 2022 - Mon., January 1, 2023: Closed
Library Emergency Closings
Decisions about closing the library for inclement weather do not necessarily follow the Whitehall-Coplay School District’s direction. Library closings will be published on multiple platforms including:
- WFMZ-TV (Channel 69) and their online Storm Center.
- Social media.
If the library is closed or closes early due to any emergency situation, then materials due on the date(s) the library is closed will be due the next day that we’re open.
Lehigh Carbon Library Cooperative
The Whitehall Township Public Library is part of the Lehigh Carbon Library Cooperative (LCLC): Catasauqua, Coplay, Dimmick, Emmaus, Lehighton, Lower Macungie, Palmerton, Parkland, Penn Kidder, Slatington, Southern Lehigh and Whitehall Township. (Click here to get contact information for these and other local libraries.)
One card will give you access to all twelve LCLC libraries. Is the book or DVD you want not on our shelf? Odds are one of the other libraries has it, and you can either pick it up there or have it delivered here. You will be able to borrow materials from any of the libraries in the cooperative.
Anyone living in one of our districts can get a library card with us. (Click here to find your home library.) However, children 17 and under must have a parent or guardian sign for their cards, and that parent or guardian must also have a card with us. Children have some borrowing restrictions; you can ask at our front desk for details.
Note: Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton are not part of LCLC.
Patron Conduct Policy
The library strives to provide a quiet, safe, and supportive environment for all patrons and staff engaged in library activities. See our Patron Conduct Policy:
Board of Trustees
- Kathy Betz, Treasurer
- Tom Ernst
- Fran Lloyd, President
- Melissa Sassaman, Secretary
- Joan M. Shafer, Vice President
- Denise Shaffer
Members of the public are welcome to attend our Board of Trustees meetings. They meet at 6:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of every month. You can find the most recent agenda and a collection of past meeting minutes on our Publications page.
Note: The March board meeting has been moved up a week and will now be held on March 2, 2023.
Fines and Fees
|Black & White Computer Prints / Photocopies||$.10|
|Color Computer Prints||$1.00|
|ILL Book Not Picked Up||$1.00|
|ILL Due Date Slip Missing||$1.00|
|Lost or Damaged Library Card||$2.00|
Used Book Sale Prices
|Hardcover Books (All Ages)||$1.00|
|Adult Paperback Books||$.50|
|Kids’ Paperback & Board Books||$.25 each or 5 for $1.00|
|Magazines||$.25 each or 5 for $1.00|
|Puzzles & Games||$1.00|
|Music CDs & CD-ROMs||$.25|
We accept credit cards for fines and fees with a minimum credit card payment of $5.00.