About the Whitehall Township Public Library
Temporary Curbside Pickup and Return Hours
Call us at 610-432-4339 or use this website to request books. When we have them ready, we'll call you to schedule a time for you to pick them up. These are the hours we'll be open for curbside pickup:
- Monday: 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
If you have any books or other items to return, you can put them in the yellow book drops in our parking lot. These are the times our drop box will be unlocked:
- Monday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Updated June 18, 2020.
Regular Hours: Temporarily Suspended
- Monday: 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Holidays & Special Hours
- New Years Day: January 1: Closed
- Memorial Day: Closed
- Independence Day: July 4: Closed
- Labor Day: Closed
- Thanksgiving Eve: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Thanksgiving Day: Closed
- Christmas Eve: December 24: Closed
- Christmas Day: December 25: Closed
- New Years Eve: December 31: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Library Emergency Closings
Decisions about closing the library for inclement weather do not necessarily follow the Whitehall-Coplay School District’s direction. Library closings will be published on multiple platforms including:
- WFMZ-TV (Channel 69) and their online Storm Center.
- Social media.
If the library is closed or closes early due to any emergency situation, then materials due on the date(s) the library is closed will be due the next day that we’re open. Materials due prior to the closure will be considered overdue upon return. For materials due on the date the library is closed and then returned after the library has been open for a day, fines will be applied as if the library were open. Our parking lot book drop boxes are always available for returns 24 hours a day.
Library Board of Trustees
- Kathy Betz
- Joe Ebner, Treasurer
- Patricia H. Fried
- Fran Lloyd, Vice President
- Judy Ott, President
- Joan M. Shafer
- Denise Shaffer, Secretary
Click here for the notice of Board meetings.
WTPL Mission Statement
The Whitehall Township Public Library mission is to provide lifelong learning with education, enrichment and entertainment through a full range of library services.
Fines and Fees
Fines and Fees
|Material||Loan Period||Fine / Day||Limit|
|14 Day Books
|2 weeks||$0.25||No Limit|
|Fiction Books||3 weeks||$0.25||No Limit|
|Nonfiction Books||3 weeks||$0.25||3 / subject|
|CD Recorded Books||3 weeks||$0.50||6|
|MP3 Recorded Books||3 weeks||$0.50||6|
|Adult DVDs||1 week||$0.50||6|
|Juvenile DVDs||1 week||$0.50||6|
|DVD Series Collection||2 weeks||$0.50||6|
|Black & White
Computer Prints / Photocopies
|Color Computer Prints||$1.00|
|ILL Book Not Picked Up||$1.00|
|Lost or Damaged Library Card||$2.00|
|Friends’ Book Sale
(The Friends of the Library maintains a book sale throughout the year. Patrons can find inexpensive, gently-used hard and paper backed books in both fiction and nonfiction.)
We accept credit cards for fines and fees, though not for the Friends’ Book Sale, and there is a minimum credit card payment of $5.00.