About the Whitehall Township Public Library
You can come into the library or arrange a curbside pickup during the following hours:
- Monday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Holidays & Special Hours 2022
- New Year’s Eve/Day: Fri., December 31, 2021 & Sat., January 1, 2022: Closed
- Memorial Day: Sat., May 28 - Mon., May 30: Closed
- Independence Day: Sat., July 2 - Mon., July 4: Closed
- Labor Day: Sat., September 3 - Mon., September 5: Closed
- Thanksgiving Eve: Wed., November 23: 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Thanksgiving: Thurs., November 24: Closed
- Christmas: Sat., December 24 - Mon., December 26: Closed
- New Year’s Eve/Day: Sat., December 31, 2022 - Mon., January 2, 2023: Closed
Library Emergency Closings
Decisions about closing the library for inclement weather do not necessarily follow the Whitehall-Coplay School District’s direction. Library closings will be published on multiple platforms including:
- WFMZ-TV (Channel 69) and their online Storm Center.
- Social media.
If the library is closed or closes early due to any emergency situation, then materials due on the date(s) the library is closed will be due the next day that we’re open. Materials due prior to the closure will be considered overdue upon return. For materials due on the date the library is closed and then returned after the library has been open for a day, fines will be applied as if the library were open. Our parking lot book drop boxes are always available for returns 24 hours a day.
WTPL Mission Statement
The Whitehall Township Public Library mission is to provide lifelong learning with education, enrichment and entertainment through a full range of library services.
Library Board of Trustees
- Kathy Betz, Treasurer
- Tom Ernst
- Fran Lloyd, President
- Melissa Sassaman, Secretary
- Joan M. Shafer, Vice President
- Denise Shaffer
Members of the public are welcome to attend our Board of Trustees meetings. They meet at 6:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of every month. You can find the most recent agenda and a collection of past meeting minutes on our Publications page.
- Our library's growing collection features over 100,000 items. These include books, DVDs, CDs, recorded books, and more. We also have over 100 magazine and newspaper subscriptions - some in print and some digital. We get new materials every month!
- We can access more than 550,000 items at your request. Thanks to the Lehigh Carbon Library Cooperative (LCLC), we and eleven other libraries share one giant collection. That means that patrons can place holds on materials in any of our partner libraries and have them shipped here or to the LCLC library of their choice.
Lehigh Carbon Library Cooperative
Whitehall Township Public Library has joined forces with eleven other local libraries to make borrowing even easier through the Lehigh Carbon Library Cooperative (LCLC): Catasauqua, Coplay, Dimmick, Emmaus, Lehighton, Lower Macungie, Palmerton, Parkland, Penn Kidder, Slatington, Southern Lehigh and Whitehall Township. (Click here to get contact information for these and other local libraries.)
No need to carry around different library cards when one card will give you access to all twelve LCLC libraries. Is the book or DVD you want not on our shelf? Odds are one of the other libraries has it, and you can either pick it up there or have it delivered here within 1-2 days. You will be able to borrow materials from any of the libraries in the cooperative.
Old cards will be exchanged for free at time of renewal.
Note: Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton are not part of LCLC.
Fines and Fees
|Black & White Computer Prints / Photocopies||$.10|
|Color Computer Prints||$1.00|
|ILL Book Not Picked Up||$1.00|
|ILL Due Date Slip Missing||$1.00|
|Lost or Damaged Library Card||$2.00|
Used Book Sale Prices
|Hardcover Books (All Ages)||$1.00|
|Adult Paperback Books||$.50|
|Kids’ Paperback & Board Books||$.25 each or 5 for $1.00|
|Magazines||$.25 each or 5 for $1.00|
|Puzzles & Games||$1.00|
|Music CDs & CD-ROMs||$.25|
We accept credit cards for fines and fees with a minimum credit card payment of $5.00.