Fire Story Time
Chief Nelson will read to the kids, and a short craft will follow. This story time is for Toddlers - Kindergarteners.
Fall Story Time
Registration is required for all 2023 Fall Story Times.
- Tuesday Preschool Story Time: Tuesdays, September 26 – November 14, 11:00 a.m., for 37 months old to kindergarten. On Halloween (October 31), we’re going to have another program instead, so you can still bring your kids to see the Lehigh Valley Conservation District present Creepy Crawlies, but you’ll need to register for that separately.
- Wednesday Preschool Story Time: Wednesdays, September 27 – November 15, 1:30 p.m., for 37 months old to kindergarten.
- Thursday Toddler Story Time: Thursdays, September 28 – November 16, 11:00 a.m., for ages 12 – 36 months.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
According to research findings, the more children ages 1 - 5 hear books read to them, the more prepared they are to learn to read when they reach kindergarten. Through the “1,000 Books Before Kindergarten” program, children exercise six early literacy skills: oral language, phonological awareness, vocabulary, print awareness, background knowledge, and letter knowledge.
Register at the WTPL circulation desk and pick up your first reading log. Track what you read to your child in the reading log. When you reach 100 books, bring your log into the library so your child can get the first reading incentive and the next log. Once you reach 1,000 books, your child will get a certificate and a prize.
Adult Book Club: On the Same Page
Join WTPL's On the Same Page book club! This club meets every other month on the third Thursday at 6:30 p.m. (*Designates a change in schedule.) Books will be loaned as availability allows. The club is for individuals 18+. Registration is required; click here to register.
- October 19 - Home Before Dark by Riley Sager
- November 16* - Firekeeper's Daugher by Angeline Boulley (November is Native American Heritage Month)
Adult Book Talks: What Are You Reading Now?
Our book talks are on the first Thursday of every month from 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. Here, we talk about whatever we’re reading right now or just finished. Whether you read fiction or non-fiction, short works or long, you’re welcome to join the club!