Welcome to the Whitehall Township Public Library!
The library's mission is to provide lifelong learning with education, enrichment and entertainment through a full range of library services.
Christmas is a time for family and friends, and for a lot of us, pets are part of the package! If you’re an animal lover, you can check out these novels featuring people enjoying the holidays with some furry friends.
Toys for Tots
The Whitehall library will accept Toys for Tots donations through Saturday, December 17, 2022.
Please donate new, unopened toys. Toys for Tots will not distribute any gifts that look like realistic weapons or anything with food. They’re accepting toys for all ages, but they especially need toys for boys and girls age 0 – 2 and girls age 9 – 12. If you wish to donate cash, see their website for more information.
Museum Pass Spotlight
The library now offers museum passes to check out! Passes are checked out for one week with no renewals and can only be checked out at the Whitehall Township Public Library and returned inside this library at the circulation desk. You may place a hold on a pass. Overdue fines are $10.00 a day. Click here for a list of current passes and the number of guests they allow, or click here to see passes in our catalog and place a hold.
Liberty Bell Museum of Allentown:
In the month of December, you can see the Pip: The Mouse Before Christmas Puppet Show at the Liberty Bell Museum. The Liberty Bell Museum welcomes people of all ages, young and old, to performances of Pip: The Mouse Before Christmas. Kids bring your parents and grandparents. If you’ve missed Pip over the last year, he certainly misses you! Click here for more information and performance times.
Check out the Liberty Bell Museum Pass from the Whitehall Township Public Library. Museum Passes are free to check out with your LCLC Library Card. The pass allows for two adults and four children into the museum.
Inside the Library:
- See our About Us page for current hours.
- You can return items to the drop box at our front desk during our open hours or to the yellow parking lot drop boxes at any time.
- You can come into the library to check out items, but we also offer a curbside pickup option.
Curbside Pickup: You can place holds on items by calling our front desk or using this website. To request items online, you can log into your account, search our catalog, click on the words "Place Hold" on the right side of the record, and submit your contact information. When anything arrives for you, we call you to schedule a pickup day. Then you can pick them up at our side door during business hours.
- Books and Media: The library will take up to three bags or boxes of books or other media. (We need them to be in bags or boxes so we can easily stack and store them.) We can take most new or gently-used media except magazines, encyclopedias, VHS tapes, or cassettes.
- Other: We can always use large cans of disinfectant wipes, liquid hand sanitizer that can be used in spray bottles (70% alcohol or higher), and large bottles of gel-type hand sanitizer.
- As part of Redner's Save-a-Tape program, you can bring your Redner's receipts to the library, then we can bring them in to Redner's and get 1% of the purchase!
- We have a year-round Used Book Sale near our front desk, and you can find a price list at the bottom of our About Us page.
- When you shop on Amazon, go through Amazon Smile to generate donations for Whitehall Township Public Library. Any time you shop this way and choose us as your charity, we receive a percentage of your total purchase. In addition to shopping through this link on your desktop or mobile web browser, you can also go through the AmazonSmile Charity Lists in the Amazon Shopping app.
Newsletter: The library offers a digital version of our monthly newsletter. You can still pick up a copy in the building or read it on the Publications page of this website, but now you can get it e-mailed directly to you! If you'd like to get our digital newsletter sent to your inbox, you can subscribe using the form at the top of this page.
Board of Trustees: Members of the public are welcome to attend our Board of Trustees meetings. They meet at 6:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of every month. You can find the most recent agenda and a collection of past meeting minutes on our Publications page.
Updated December 1, 2022.
Resources for You
Socialize With Us
Members of the public are welcome to attend our Board of Trustees meetings. They meet at 6:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of every month.
Any teens interested in volunteering in the library can join our Teen Advisory Board. It meets one Saturday every month.
Our Teen Advisory Board presents 8-Bit Christmas. In this film, set in 1980s Chicago, a 10-year-old sets out on a quest to get the Christmas gift of his generation: the latest and greatest video-game system.