Welcome to the Whitehall Township Public Library!
The library's mission is to provide lifelong learning with education, enrichment and entertainment through a full range of library services.
- Our library's growing collection features over 100,000 items. These include books, DVDs, CDs, recorded books, and more. We also have over 100 magazine and newspaper subscriptions - some in print and some digital. We get new materials every month!
- We can access more than 550,000 items at your request. The Whitehall Township Public Library has joined forces with ten other local libraries to form the Lehigh Carbon Library Cooperative (LCLC). We all share one library card and catalog combining us into one collection. That means that patrons can place holds on materials in any of our partner libraries and have them shipped here or to the LCLC library of their choice.
Updates & General Information
Inside the Library:
- See our About Us page for current hours.
- Per CDC and State Public Health guidelines, patrons who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear face masks and have them in place while on library grounds. All patrons must sanitize their hands when entering the library, maintain social distancing in the building, and only touch materials that they plan to check out. (We do not regularly sanitize toys, so kids play at their own risk.)
- You can return items to the drop box at our front desk during our open hours or to the yellow parking lot drop boxes at any time.
- You can come into the library to check out items, but we also offer a curbside pickup option.
Curbside Pickup: You can place holds on items by calling our front desk or using this website. To request items online, you can log into your account, search our catalog, click on the words "Place Hold" on the right side of the record, and submit your contact information. When anything arrives for you, we call you to schedule a pickup day. Then you can pick them up by coming to our side door during business hours and ringing the doorbell.
- Books and Media: The library will take up to three bags or boxes of books or other media. (We need them to be in bags or boxes so we can easily stack and store them.) We can take most new or gently-used media except magazines, encyclopedias, VHS tapes, or cassettes.
- Other: We’re currently accepting donations of large cans of disinfectant wipes, liquid hand sanitizer that can be used in spray bottles (70% alcohol or higher), and large bottles of gel-type hand sanitizer. We also need a small handheld vacuum. Thanks to everyone who contributes!
- We have a year-round Book Sale near our front desk.
- When you shop on Amazon, go through Amazon Smile to generate donations for Whitehall Township Public Library. Any time you shop this way and choose us as your charity, we receive a percentage of your total purchase. In addition to shopping through this link on your desktop or mobile web browser, you can also go through the AmazonSmile Charity Lists in the Amazon Shopping app.
- Check out our January Newsletter for more information.
- Visit our Research & Learn page for digital resources. You can access most of these from home with an Internet connection. As you get ready to go back to school, be sure to check out our Learning & Testing collection. There are resources for students of all ages, like Brainfuse HelpNow (free online tutoring), Brainfuse LearnNow (lessons and videos), and LearningExpress (prep for standardized tests and career certification).
Updated January 3, 2022.
Resources for You
Socialize With Us
There's always something special happening.
Stay tuned for our upcoming special programs.