Welcome to the Whitehall Township Public Library!
The library's mission is to provide lifelong learning with education, enrichment and entertainment through a full range of library services.
Arr, ahoy matey! Keep a weather eye open for pirate-y fun all week long. We'll hold a swashbuckling scavenger hunt for the wee ones, offer a take-home Captain's Log craft for teens and adults, and have a couple pirate movies for all. While you're in, you can browse books on buccaneers. Nonfiction books are under 910.45 in our adult and juvenile nonfiction collections. You can also find plenty of pirate fiction, like the novels below.
Updates & General Information
Plant a Row: The library is now a drop-off location for Plant a Row Lehigh Valley (PARLV), which helps supply fresh fruits and vegetables to the hungry in Lehigh and Northampton counties. You can drop off donations in the marked cooler inside the library on Mondays from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Please separate items by type.) We’ll have this available every week through October 3 except for September 5, when we’ll be closed for Labor Day.
Summer Reading Program 2022: This year's "Oceans of Possibilities" Summer Reading Program ended on August 6. The Kids' Finale Program will be on Saturday, August 13, from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., and the Adult Finale Program is on Thursday, August 18 at 1 p.m. Click here for more information on the program or click here to take our end-of-program survey.
Inside the Library:
- See our About Us page for current hours.
- You can return items to the drop box at our front desk during our open hours or to the yellow parking lot drop boxes at any time.
- You can come into the library to check out items, but we also offer a curbside pickup option.
Curbside Pickup: You can place holds on items by calling our front desk or using this website. To request items online, you can log into your account, search our catalog, click on the words "Place Hold" on the right side of the record, and submit your contact information. When anything arrives for you, we call you to schedule a pickup day. Then you can pick them up at our side door during business hours.
- Books and Media: The library will take up to three bags or boxes of books or other media. (We need them to be in bags or boxes so we can easily stack and store them.) We can take most new or gently-used media except magazines, encyclopedias, VHS tapes, or cassettes.
- Other: We’re currently accepting donations of new or like-new items for our Basket Raffle (see below). We can also use large cans of disinfectant wipes, liquid hand sanitizer that can be used in spray bottles (70% alcohol or higher), and large bottles of gel-type hand sanitizer.
- We have a year-round Used Book Sale near our front desk, and you can find a price list at the bottom of our About Us page. Our next big Used Book Sale will be on Friday, September 23 and Saturday, September 24 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. We'll have a $5-per-bag sale from Noon to 3 p.m. on Saturday only.
- The library will take part in Boscov's Friends Helping Friends. For a $5 donation to the library, shoppers receive a 25% off shopping pass for October 19, 2022. You can use this pass at any physical Boscov's store, though not online.
- Our next Basket Raffle will run from Friday, November 4 through Friday, November 11. We're currently accepting new and like-new items for themed baskets. Stay tuned for more information.
- When you shop on Amazon, go through Amazon Smile to generate donations for Whitehall Township Public Library. Any time you shop this way and choose us as your charity, we receive a percentage of your total purchase. In addition to shopping through this link on your desktop or mobile web browser, you can also go through the AmazonSmile Charity Lists in the Amazon Shopping app.
Digital Newsletter: The library offers a digital version of our monthly newsletter. You can still pick up a copy in the building or read it on this website, but now you can get it e-mailed directly to you! If you'd like to get our digital newsletter sent to your inbox, you can subscribe using the form at the top of this page.
Board of Trustees: Members of the public are welcome to attend our Board of Trustees meetings. They meet at 6:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of every month. You can find the most recent agenda and a collection of past meeting minutes on our Publications page. The August meeting has been pushed back a week to Thursday, August 18.
Updated August 11, 2022.
Resources for You
Socialize With Us
The library is now a drop-off location for Plant a Row Lehigh Valley (PARLV), which helps supply fresh fruits and vegetables to the hungry. You can drop off donations in the marked cooler inside the library on Mondays from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.