Due to state mandates, the Whitehall library will now be open limited hours, following CDC safety regulations. You still have the option to request items for curbside pickup, if you prefer.
Inside the Library:
- See our About Us page for current hours.
- Patrons can come in one hour to browse the collection, select items to check out, and use our copier (no loitering). You can come in for two hours to use one of our public computers (which you'll sign up for at the front desk).
- All patrons must wear masks or other facial coverings (unless medical reasons prevent it), use gloves or hand sanitizer (available inside the library), and maintain social distancing. We also encourage you to only touch materials that you plan to check out.
- If you pay for prints or fines with cash, we will accept exact change only, and if you pay with a credit or debit card, there's a $5.00 minimum. If you buy anything from our book sale, we can only take cash (in exact change).
Curbside Pickup: You can place holds on items by calling our front desk or using this website. To request items online, you can log into your account, search our catalog, click on the words "Place Hold" on the right side of the record, and submit your contact information. When anything arrives for you, we call you to schedule a pickup day. Then you can pick them up by coming to our side door during business hours and ringing the doorbell.
Returns: All returns go in the yellow drop boxes in our parking lot. No materials will be accepted at the front desk. After they're returned, we put everything in quarantine for 4 days before we check it in (using the date you returned it as the check in date). You'll see the items listed in your account until then.
Donations: Due to the extremely high volume of incoming donations, we ask that you limit yourself to up to three bags or boxes at a time. (We prefer them to be in bags or boxes instead of loose for ease of storage.) We take books and most other media in good condition, except for magazines, textbooks, encyclopedias, and VHS tapes. Please bring any donations to our side door during business hours and ring the doorbell.
Fundraiser: Since we can’t have our usual Fall Book Sale, we’re selling brown bags full of new or gently-used books for $5.00 per bag. The exact books will be a surprise, but each bag has a card on it giving the theme of the bag (like James Patterson, Civil War, or cooking). Thank you for your support!
- Congratulations to Liliana Zaiter, who won our mascot-naming contest with the name Gary Gorilla.
- Check out our September Newsletter for more information.
- Visit our Research & Learn page for digital resources. You can access most of these from home with an Internet connection.
- We're sorry for the inconvenience, and we thank you for helping us do our part to slow the spread of disease. In the meantime, we as a library also want to slow the spread of panic and misinformation, so we encourage you to get your facts and updates on COVID-19 from authoritative sources like the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Updated September 3, 2020.
Resources for You
Welcome to the Whitehall Township Public Library
The library's mission is to provide lifelong learning with education, enrichment and entertainment through a full range of library services.
Our Growing Collection Features:
- Over 100,000 items with 600 items added each month.
- Books, DVDs, CDs, Recorded Books, Puzzles.
- 120+ magazine and newspaper subscriptions.
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
There's always something special happening.
Stay tuned on our upcoming special programs