Welcome to the Whitehall Township Public Library!
The library's mission is to provide lifelong learning with education, enrichment and entertainment through a full range of library services.
November is National Novel Writing Month! This is a great time to stretch your creativity as part of a writing community. You can set your own writing goal from the month and track your progress on your own or on the official site. We have writing meetups every Tuesday in November from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Anyone in any stage of the writing process is welcome! Below, we have some books (fiction and nonfiction) for anyone who loves writing or storytelling.
GivingTuesday, the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, is a global generosity movement unleashing the power of radical generosity. (This year, it's on November 29.)
This Tuesday, Give Back to your community library.
Updates & General Information
Inside the Library:
- See our About Us page for current hours.
- You can return items to the drop box at our front desk during our open hours or to the yellow parking lot drop boxes at any time.
- You can come into the library to check out items, but we also offer a curbside pickup option.
Curbside Pickup: You can place holds on items by calling our front desk or using this website. To request items online, you can log into your account, search our catalog, click on the words "Place Hold" on the right side of the record, and submit your contact information. When anything arrives for you, we call you to schedule a pickup day. Then you can pick them up at our side door during business hours.
- Books and Media: The library will take up to three bags or boxes of books or other media. (We need them to be in bags or boxes so we can easily stack and store them.) We can take most new or gently-used media except magazines, encyclopedias, VHS tapes, or cassettes.
- Other: We’re currently accepting donations of new or like-new items for our Basket Raffle (see below). We can also use large cans of disinfectant wipes, liquid hand sanitizer that can be used in spray bottles (70% alcohol or higher), and large bottles of gel-type hand sanitizer.
- We have a year-round Used Book Sale near our front desk, and you can find a price list at the bottom of our About Us page.
- When you shop on Amazon, go through Amazon Smile to generate donations for Whitehall Township Public Library. Any time you shop this way and choose us as your charity, we receive a percentage of your total purchase. In addition to shopping through this link on your desktop or mobile web browser, you can also go through the AmazonSmile Charity Lists in the Amazon Shopping app.
Museum Passes: The library now offers museum passes to check out! Passes are checked out for one week with no renewals and can only be checked out at Whitehall Library. You may place a hold on a pass. All passes must be returned to Whitehall Library at the circulation desk. Overdue fines are $10.00 a day. Current offerings include: America on Wheels, Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles, Bucks County Children's Museum, Eastern State Penitentiary, Lehigh Valley Heritage Museum, Museum of American Revolution, Mutter Museum, Pearl S. Buck, Reading Museum, & Sigal Museum.
Newsletter: The library offers a digital version of our monthly newsletter. You can still pick up a copy in the building or read it on the Publications page of this website, but now you can get it e-mailed directly to you! If you'd like to get our digital newsletter sent to your inbox, you can subscribe using the form at the top of this page.
Board of Trustees: Members of the public are welcome to attend our Board of Trustees meetings. They meet at 6:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of every month. You can find the most recent agenda and a collection of past meeting minutes on our Publications page.
Updated November 25, 2022.
Resources for You
Socialize With Us
We have our coloring club on the first and third Thursday of every month. Come in to enjoy this relaxing hobby while chatting together!