Welcome to the Whitehall Township Public Library!
The library's mission is to provide lifelong learning with education, enrichment and entertainment through a full range of library services.
National Hispanic Heritage Month is celebrated every year from September 15 - October 15 in the United States for recognizing the contributions and influence of Hispanic-Americans to the history, culture, and achievements. Check out some Hispanic-American authors below or browse our catalog for other Hispanic creators or works.
Updates & General Information
Museum Passes: The library now offers museum passes to check out! Passes are checked out for one week with no renewals and can only be checked out at Whitehall Library. You may place a hold on a pass. All passes must be returned to Whitehall Library at the circulation desk. Overdue fines are $10.00 a day. Current offerings: America on Wheels, Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles, Bucks County Children's Museum, Eastern State Penitentiary, Lehigh Valley Heritage Museum, Museum of American Revolution, Mutter Museum, Pearl S. Buck, Reading Museum, & Sigal Museum.
Inside the Library:
- See our About Us page for current hours.
- You can return items to the drop box at our front desk during our open hours or to the yellow parking lot drop boxes at any time.
- You can come into the library to check out items, but we also offer a curbside pickup option.
Curbside Pickup: You can place holds on items by calling our front desk or using this website. To request items online, you can log into your account, search our catalog, click on the words "Place Hold" on the right side of the record, and submit your contact information. When anything arrives for you, we call you to schedule a pickup day. Then you can pick them up at our side door during business hours.
- Books and Media: The library will take up to three bags or boxes of books or other media. (We need them to be in bags or boxes so we can easily stack and store them.) We can take most new or gently-used media except magazines, encyclopedias, VHS tapes, or cassettes.
- Other: We’re currently accepting donations of new or like-new items for our Basket Raffle (see below). We can also use large cans of disinfectant wipes, liquid hand sanitizer that can be used in spray bottles (70% alcohol or higher), and large bottles of gel-type hand sanitizer.
- We have a year-round Used Book Sale near our front desk, and you can find a price list at the bottom of our About Us page.
- The library will take part in Boscov's Friends Helping Friends. For a $5 donation to the library, shoppers receive a 25% off shopping pass for October 19, 2022. You can use this pass at any physical Boscov's store, though not online.
- Our next Basket Raffle will run from Friday, November 4 through Friday, November 11. We're accepting new and collectible items for themed baskets through Friday, October 28. Tickets will be $5 per sheet, and we'll draw winners at 1:00 p.m. on November 11. You don't need to be present to win.
- When you shop on Amazon, go through Amazon Smile to generate donations for Whitehall Township Public Library. Any time you shop this way and choose us as your charity, we receive a percentage of your total purchase. In addition to shopping through this link on your desktop or mobile web browser, you can also go through the AmazonSmile Charity Lists in the Amazon Shopping app.
Newsletter: The library offers a digital version of our monthly newsletter. You can still pick up a copy in the building or read it on the Publications page of this website, but now you can get it e-mailed directly to you! If you'd like to get our digital newsletter sent to your inbox, you can subscribe using the form at the top of this page.
Board of Trustees: Members of the public are welcome to attend our Board of Trustees meetings. They meet at 6:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of every month. You can find the most recent agenda and a collection of past meeting minutes on our Publications page.
Updated September 27, 2022.
Resources for You
Socialize With Us
Our Tuesday Preschool Story Time, which is for kids ages 36 months – 5 years, runs on Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. from September 27 through November 15. Registration is required and opens on September 1.
Our Wednesday Preschool Story Time, which is for kids ages 36 months – 5 years, runs on Wednesdays at 1:30 p.m. from September 28 through November 16. Registration is required and opens on September 1.