How Do I...?
Get a library card?
- Bring official photo ID (driver’s license, passport, Whitehall Coplay School ID).
- Bring proof of address (driver’s license, passport, lease, utility bill) that shows that you live in the areas served by the Lehigh Carbon Library Cooperative. Click here to find your home library.
- Patrons whose municipality does not support a library or patrons from out-of-state will need to pay $40.00 per household per year.
- You can now request a library card online through our My Account page, as well.
Sign my child up for a library card?
- You (the parent, guardian, or other responsible party) need to have a library card first. Then you can bring in your Drivers License or other photo ID with your current address, along with your child, and we can make that child a card.
Renew a library card?
- Bring your driver’s license and library card to the front desk. We will update our records and renew your card. If you don't live in an area served by our library cooperative, you'll need to show us the library card from your home library as well.
- Whitehall Township Public Library subscribes to eBooks and eAudiobooks with OverDrive. You can use the OverDrive website or their Libby app to read eBooks on your phone, tablet, or other device.
Renew library materials?
- Items will be renewed automatically if there are renewals available. You can either check your account on the My Account page or call the front desk to check on your renewal status or renew an item early.
- You can renew most items two times, unless that item is on hold for another patron. There are a few special collections, like Museum Passes, that can't be renewed.
Return an item to the library?
- You can return most items in our yellow parking lot drop boxes or at any LCLC library. We have two drop boxes: One for books and one for audiovisual material (DVDs, recorded books, etc.).
- You may drop items off at our circulation desk during open hours. There are a few special collections, like Museum Passes, that need to be returned at the circulation desk, and they'll be marked.
Volunteer at the library?
- Simply stop in the library and speak with our staff.
- We accept teen volunteers as part of our Teen Advisory Board (TAB). For more information on TAB, speak with Ms. Santaliz, our Children's Librarian, at 610-432-4339 x209.
Pay a fine or fees owed to the library?
- The library currently accepts cash payments, as well as, checks and credit cards.
- There is a $5.00 minimum for credit and debit cards.
- Checks should be made payable to: Whitehall Township Public Library. A $40.00 returned check fee will be placed on accounts for all checks that fail to clear the bank.
Connect to wireless?
- The library employs a “Captive Portal” to authenticate users. This technology is similar to what hotels use. Patrons must agree to abide by an Acceptable Use Policy. A link to accept this policy is displayed when connecting to the Wi-Fi service.
- Some services or web pages may be blocked. Due to limitations on the filtering method, the library cannot unblock sites on laptop computers. Users who require unfiltered access are asked to sign into a library computer and request unfiltered access at our front desk.
Donate books to the library?
- The library accepts clean books, DVDs, and other media that are in good shape, besides textbooks, magazines, encyclopedias, and VHS tapes. All useable items that are not added to the collection are sold in our book sale. We can take up to three bags or boxes at a time. They need to be in bags or boxes for transport and storage.
Send a fax?
- The library does not offer fax services at this time.
- The library has a spacious parking lot.
Get an Interlibrary Loan?
- Whitehall residents may request material not owned by Lehigh Carbon Library Cooperative by completing an interlibrary loan form. We will make our best effort to obtain the material; however, if no libraries will allow the book to circulate, we may not be able to meet the request. Please note: patrons with LCLC library affiliation will need to request the book from their home library.
Recommend the library purchase a book?
- Ask our front desk staff for a purchase request form.