Summer Writing Contest Ends
The library will hold its first ever Writing Contest, built around our 2020 Summer Reading Program theme of “Imagine Your Story.” This contest will be open to all, with submissions being broken into four age groups: Up through Grade 2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-12, Adult.
Submission Deadline: Saturday, August 22, 2020
- All works must be 1,500 words or less.
- All works must be family-friendly.
- As part of our theme, all works must relate to fantasy, fairy tales, and/or mythology in some way.
- You can write fiction or nonfiction, and it can be in prose or poetry.
- You must submit original works and characters only, no fanfiction.
- We’ll accept only one entry per person.
How to Submit: E-mail your work, along with your name and the grade you’re going into (if applicable) to our Children’s Librarian, Lorraine Santaliz (email@example.com) with the Subject: Summer Writing Contest. Ms. Santaliz will remove your name from the work before passing it along to the judges, so make sure the format you send allows for that.
Winners: The top 3 works of each category will be posted on Saturday, August 29 on the Reading Programs page of our website, and the top work in each category will be published in our September newsletter.