On the Same Page: Black Cake
August 17 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Join WTPL’s On the Same Page book club! This club meets every other month on the third Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. (*Designates a change in schedule.) Books will be loaned as availability allows. The club is for individuals 18+. Registration is required; click here to register.
2023 Books (Click Here for Descriptions)
- April 26* – The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict & Victoria Chistopher Murray (April 23 – 29 is National Library Week)
- June 15 – Under the Whispering Door by TJ Klune (June is Pride Month)
- August 17 – Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson
- October 19 – Home Before Dark by Riley Sager
- November 16* – Firekeeper’s Daugher by Angeline Boulley (November is Native American Heritage Month)
Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson is a generational family story that follows a brother and sister, Benny and Byron, who have to come to terms with their mother’s death. Their mother’s passing brings up many unresolved feelings about their pasts, how the family became estranged, and reckoning with their overall grief.