Accessibility at WTPL
The Whitehall Township Public Library (WTPL) is committed to maintaining a website that is accessible to everyone. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, please contact us either by phone (610-432-4339) or by email (email@example.com).
- All pages on this site are designed to adhere to the U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines.
- All pages on this site follow priorities 1, 2, & 3 of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- All pages use structured semantic markup.
Web pages on www.whitehallpl.org include six different areas:
- A skip-to-content bar with a link that allows the user to skip down to the main content of the page,
- A header bar that includes the main navigation,
- A side navigation bar on the left side of the site with links to pages within the WTPL site,
- A main content area,
- A side navigation bar on the right side of the site with links to subscribed databases resources, and
- A footer
When CSS (Cascading Styles Sheet) is not applied (or when using a screen reader), the six areas will read in the above order.
Additional Accessibility Features
- All WTPL pages will print out in black and white without images to save toner and paper, and are designed for printed readability.
- All WTPL pages printed will have full URLs displayed next to any hyperlinks.
- All WTPL pages have a small file size and are optimized to load fast for low-bandwith users.