Welcome to Whitehall Township Public Library
Did you know?
- The Library offers free Skype sessions to local families with soldiers deployed domestically and abroad. If you have a deployed soldier, and would like to use our Internet and TV to communicate, obtain more information here or contact the library.
- The library will hold Third Monday Acoustic Open Mic - MC'd by Earl Andrews. December 16th at 6:30 will focus on Holiday Music: Carols and Open Mic in the library. Come out and listen or participate by singing or playing an instrument!!
- Holiday Family Time with Story & Craft takes place on Wednesdays in December. Come to the library at 11:00 & 7:00 to hear a story and complete a craft. (The craft is the same at 11:00 & 7:00, but will be different each week).
- The library will present a family movie night on December 17, 2013 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. featuring the movie Planes.
- Be-an-Angel: The library will participate in the Be-An-Angel program - and is looking for:
- Volunteer coordinator to provide activities for people wishing to volunteer at the library
- Gift cards from local businesses to provide supplies, food and/or services for library programs. Please mark envelope "Be an Angel donation."
- 1st Tuesday, our adult book discussion group, which meets (you guessed it!) on the first Tuesday of most months, is on hiatus for two months and will be replaced for Jan. and Feb. by a bookish sort of scavenger hunt. For now, that's all we're going to tell you, other than that there will be prizes, and they will range from the semi-sublime to the utterly ridiculous.
- The Library Board of Trustees meets on the second Thursday of each month in the library's community room. Click here for a complete list of scheduled meetings for the 2013/14 fiscal year.
- The Friends of the Whitehall Township Public Library invites the public to attend its regularly scheduled meetings on the second Wednesday of each month at 2:30 p.m. in the library's community room!
- The library provides Overdrive eBooks and eAudioBooks to Whitehall Township patrons. This service provides downloadable eBooks and eAudioBooks for a variety of devices including Nook & Kindle.
- Kill-a-Watt: How much power do devices use when off? TVs, cable boxes, DVD players, and Blue-rays all use power after they are "off". See how much power your devices really use! This donation from PPL is available at the front desk. Click the link to check availability - if unavailable, you are welcome to place a hold on it.
- Affordable Care Act ("ObamaCare") information:
- Pennsylvania passed a new "VoterID" law.
- Washington Post reports the Voter ID law will not be enforced in the November 2013 election. Morning Call reports the decision applies even if the law is found constitutional.
- This useful site provides information on frequently asked questions and information about the new voting law.