Welcome to Whitehall Township Public Library
Did you know?
- The Whitehall Township Public Library celebrates its 50th anniversary this year!
Make sure to watch for activities occuring throughout the year!
- Teens - we would like to know what books you would like to discuss at the Teen Book Talks. Please complete this survey.
- First Friday Blood Pressure screenings: Come to the library to receive a free blood pressure screening on the first Friday of each month from 10:00 am - Noon! See the attached flyer for details!
- Peaceable Kingdom: The Library is helping the Whitehall Lions Club this year raise supplies for Peaceable Kingdom in Whitehall. They are looking for new toys, specific foods, and old (but clean) towels, and supplies to care for their cats and dogs. (Please see the library for specifics).
- A local boy scout is working toward his Eagle Scout award. He has chosen to build 8 picnic tables with benches for the library, giving the community a place to relax outside our facility. Please visit his funding site or stop in at the front desk and help him earn his Eagle Scout! All proceeds will go toward funding the project, any excess will be donated to the library.
- Summer Reading is approaching!
Registration for children opens
- Instruction booklets and other forms will need to be photocopied or printed from the IRS website at the cost of 10 cents per page. Patrons may follow this link to order required forms and instructions, or call: 1-800-829-3676.
- Third Monday Open Mic & Jam: Entertainers interested in performing 3 songs or a 15 minute set are asked to sign up just before 6:30. Musicians, singers, poets, comedians, actors, writers, storytellers, mimes, etc. come show off your stuff! Or just come and be part of the audience!
- Adult Book Discussion
- God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater; Or, Pearls Before Swine (Kurt Vonnegut)
- Tues, May 5 @ 1:00 - 2:00
- Thur, May 7 @ 6:00 - 7:00
- Tax Rebate Assistance: May 15th @ 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (in cooperation with Sen. Boscola's office).
- Car Show: Saturday, May 30th @ 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (Rain date - June 6th)
- Adult Books Discussion: Tuesday, June 2 @ 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Adult Summer Reading Program begins: Tuesday, June 9.
- 1965: Pop Culture: Thursday, June 18 @ 6:00 p.m.
- Summer Reading Program Kick-Off: Saturday, June 20 @ 1:30 p.m.: Star Wars Villians
- Delaware Valley Raptors: Thursday, June 25th @ 6:00 p.m.
- Dave Fry: Thursday, July 30 @ 6:30 p.m. Local musician Dave Fry will entertain all ages with his wonderful music!
- Library Bingo: Wednesday, July 1 @ 6:00 p.m.
- Adult Book Discussion: Tuesday, July 7 @ 1:00 p.m.
- Author / Illustrator Bob McLeod: Tuesday, July 7 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Story Time & Craft: Wednesday, July 8, 15, 22, 29 @ 1:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m.
- Toddler Time: Thursday, July 9, 16, 23, 30 @ 10:30 a.m.
- Teen Night: Friday, July 10 @ 4:30 p.m.
- Super Science Amazing Art: Tuesday, July 14 @ 6:15 p.m.
- Shakespearean Experience: Tuesday, August 4 @ 1:30 p.m.
- "1965: It was a Very Good Year" with Mike Holiday, John and Kass Bolles music program. Thursday, August 27th @ 7:00 p.m.
- Barbershop Quartet - ffourtissimo - "This is the 60's!" Thursday, Sept. 24th @ 7:00 p.m. in the reference area.
- Barbershop Quartet - ffortissimo - Holiday & Anniversary party: Thursday, December 3 @ 7:00 p.m.
- Do you want to keep up-to-date on the latest events at the library? LIKE us on FaceBook! Lets see how many supporters follow us on social media, don't be shy - keep inviting your friends to LIKE our library!
- If you are looking for eAudio books, using OneClickDigital just got easier with the launch of a new App. Just search for "OneClickDigital" in the App store and select install. You'll need your username and password the first time you log in!
- Online fundraising - support the library as you shop!
- The library is able to receive donations from Amazon. A percentage of your total purchase can benefit the library. Click here for more details. Amazon requires shoppers to use "smile.amazon.com" for the library to benefit from this program.
- Events are listed on the Programs & Events page.
- The Library Board of Trustees meets on the second Thursday of each month in the library's community room. Click here for a complete list of scheduled meetings for the 2014 /15 fiscal year.
- The Library offers free Skype sessions to local families with soldiers deployed domestically and abroad. If you have a deployed soldier, and would like to use our Internet and TV to communicate, obtain more information here or contact the library.
- The Friends of the Whitehall Township Public Library invites the public to attend its regularly scheduled meetings on the second Wednesday of each month at 2:30 p.m. in the library's community room!
- Kill-a-Watt: How much power do devices use when off? TVs, cable boxes, DVD players, and Blue-rays all use power after they are "off". See how much power your devices really use! This donation from PPL is available at the front desk. Click the link to check availability - if unavailable, you are welcome to place a hold on it.
- Affordable Care Act ("ObamaCare") information: