Welcome to Whitehall Township Public Library
Did you know?
- Do you want to keep up-to-date on the latest events at the library? LIKE us on FaceBook! Lets see how many supporters follow us on social media, don't be shy - invite your friends to follow us! Can we reach 500 "likes" by September 1st?
- Online fundraising - support the library as you shop!
- The library is able to receive donations from Amazon. A percentage of your total purchase can benefit the library. Click here for more details. Amazon requires shoppers to use "smile.amazon.com" for the library to benefit from this program.
- The library is registered with "Goodshop.com" and it's affiliates (Gooddining.com, Goodsearch.com) - click the link, and enter "Whitehall Township Public Library" as the cause then continue the "sign up" process. The library will receive a donation per search and a percentage of sales generated through the site. Today.com provides this write up on the service!
- Adult Summer Reading
(1:00 - 2:00 p.m.)
- August 5: "The Handmaid's Tale" Margaret Atwood
- Summer Reading events are listed on the Programs & Events page.
- August 1, 6:00: Teen Movie Night
- August 4, 6:30: Air Products & Chemicals presents "Chemical Ice Cream"
- August 5, 1:00: Adult book discussion, "The Handmaid's Tale".
- August 5, 6:30: Super Science Amazing Art
- August 7, 11:00 - 8:30: Children's Book Sale
- August 13, 6:30: Finale Night
- August 18, 6:00: 3rd Monday Open Mic Night
- August 21, 6:00: Bethlehem Mounted Police
- August 23, 1:00: Marching back to Woodstock
- August 26, 1:30: Teen Book Talk (Honor courses: Frankenstein, Lord of Flies)
- August 28, 1:30: Teen Book Talk (Honor courses: Animal Farm, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde)
- Summer Reading FAQ
- Summer Reading Registration
- Note: pre-registeration is NOT required for the events you've previously seen listed as "limited enrollment programs". So, see a program that interests you, bring the kids, or come to the library! Registration is only required for the reading program itself (as linked below).
- Summer Reading Logging
- Summer Reading FAQ are available here.
- The Library Board of Trustees meets on the second Thursday of each month in the library's community room. Click here for a complete list of scheduled meetings for the 2013/14 fiscal year.
- The Library offers free Skype sessions to local families with soldiers deployed domestically and abroad. If you have a deployed soldier, and would like to use our Internet and TV to communicate, obtain more information here or contact the library.
- The Friends of the Whitehall Township Public Library invites the public to attend its regularly scheduled meetings on the second Wednesday of each month at 2:30 p.m. in the library's community room!
- Kill-a-Watt: How much power do devices use when off? TVs, cable boxes, DVD players, and Blue-rays all use power after they are "off". See how much power your devices really use! This donation from PPL is available at the front desk. Click the link to check availability - if unavailable, you are welcome to place a hold on it.
- Affordable Care Act ("ObamaCare") information: