Welcome to Whitehall Township Public Library
Did you know?
- WTPL is doing a Fall Fundraising letter to supplement our income. With the additional funds raised, we can continue to provide programs for all ages, public access computers, WIFI, downloadable resources, and additional research resources. Some folks have received this letter in the mail. The funds are used to maintain your library as one of premier libraries in the Lehigh Valley. Please help us by contributing any amount to WTPL! Thank you for your support! See attached letter.
- We are greatful to the supporters of our 2016 Summer Reading Program!
- The library keeps a picture history online - using SmugMug. To look at our photos, just click here to access the SmugMug site.
- The library maintains a wish list, for needed supplies. Please take a look and consider helping us with a donation!
- The AARP provides "Taxaide" as a free tax preparation service for simple returns. The Lehigh Valley Taxaide office is currently looking for volunteers to train in preparation of income taxes under this program in early 2017. Interested individuals can find details at the Taxaide website.
- The Library Board of Trustees meets on the second Thursday of each month in the library's community room. Click here for a complete list of scheduled meetings for the 2016/17 fiscal year.
- The Friends of the Whitehall Township Public Library invites the public to attend its regularly scheduled meetings on the second Friday of each month at 10:00 a.m. in the library's community room!
- Third Monday Open Mic & Jam @ 6:30 p.m. [November 21: Acoustic Blues Project] [December 19: Stephen Christopher] & Thank you to Rocking the Valley Online Radio - broadcasting live from the library!: Entertainers interested in performing 3 songs or a 15 minute set are asked to sign up just before 6:30. Musicians, singers, poets, comedians, actors, writers, storytellers, etc. come show off your stuff! Or just come and be part of the audience!
- Third Tuesday Movie Night : [November 15 @ 6:15 p.m. : Star Trek Beyond] [December 20 @ 6:15 p.m.: Finding Dory]: Come to the library to watch a movie!
- Fourth Tuesday Adult Coloring Club @ 11:00 a.m. :[October 25]: Anyone 18 years old and older is welcome to join us every 4th Tuesday of the month for our Adult Coloring Club. The library has some supplies but invites you to bring your own as well.
- "What are you reading now?" Club will meet on the fourth Tues of every month at 1 p.m. Patrons are invited to chat about whatever books they are reading at the moment - the ones you loved, the ones you hated, and everything in between.
- Did you know the library has MP3 Recorded Books? While these books are on CD media, they require a "mp3 compatible" CD player to play, or can be copied through a computer to an MP3 player. This collection can fit an entire novel on 1 disk! That means - no more changing disks on the highway! Cars.com reports: "Nearly all cars from this century with CD players have MP3 compatibility." Not sure if your CD player is able to play these? Check out an MP3 audiobook, and try to play it! The library has a collection of MP3 disks, and Overdrive has MP3 audiobooks available for download, as well.
- The Library now accepts donations via PayPal. Use your credit card or PayPal balance to donate to the library.
- The library digitized the Whitehall High School Yearbook from 1922 - 2016. We are able to provide copies on DVDs that can be displayed on a computer. Complete an order form and payment to receive your copy! Order forms are available at the front desk, the library will call when the copy is ready!
- Whitehall Township Public Library will be collecting non-perishables can / box food products. All items collected will be given to the Whitehall food pantry. Items may be dropped off during regular library hours.
- Peaceable Kingdom: The Library is helping the Whitehall Lions Club this year raise supplies for Peaceable Kingdom in Whitehall. They are looking for new toys, specific foods, and old (but clean) towels, and supplies to care for their cats and dogs. (Please see the library for specifics).
- Toddler: Thursdays @ 10:30 a.m. (through 11/10) [Register]
- Preschool: Tuesdays @ 10:30 a.m. (through 11/15) [Register]
- Preschool: Wednesdays @ 1:00 p.m. (through 11/16) [Register]
- Family Time: Wednesdays @ 7:00 p.m. (through 11/16)
- Birds and Glass: An Unfriendly Encounter: (Thursday, Oct. 27 @ 6:00 p.m.)
- Basics of Medicare: (Friday, October 28 @ 10:00 a.m.)
- Kids & Teens Connect : Halloween Storytime and Craft (Saturday, October 29 @ 1:30 p.m.)
- Halloween Stories with Charles Kiernan: (Monday, October 31 @ 7:00 p.m.)
- Introduction to Law Depot: (Thursday, Nov. 3 @ 6:00 p.m.)
- Annual Used Book Sale: (Friday, Nov 18 & Saturday, Nov. 19)
- What are you reading now? (Tuesday, Nov. 22 @ 1:00 p.m.)
- Thanksgiving Holiday: (Wednesday 11/23, close @ 5:00 p.m.) (Thursday 11/24, closed)
- Pictures with Santa & Holiday Card Making: (Saturday, Dec. 3 @ 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
- Barbershop Quartet ffourtissimo: (Thursday, Dec. 15 & 7:00 p.m.)
- Christmas Holiday: (Saturday, Dec. 24, close @ 1:00 p.m.) (Monday, Dec. 26, closed)
- What are you reading now? (Tuesday, Dec. 27 @ 1:00 p.m.)
- New Years Holiday: (Saturday, Dec 31, close @ 1:00 p.m.) (Monday, Jan. 2, closed)
- Do you want to keep up-to-date on the latest events at the library? LIKE us on FaceBook! Lets see how many supporters follow us on social media, don't be shy - keep inviting your friends to LIKE our library!
- The library is able to receive donations from Amazon. A percentage of your total purchase can benefit the library. Click here for more details. Amazon requires shoppers to use "smile.amazon.com" for the library to benefit from this program.
- The Library offers free Skype sessions to local families with soldiers deployed domestically and abroad. If you have a deployed soldier, and would like to use our Internet and TV to communicate, obtain more information here or contact the library.
Regular Monthly Programming